Calcium has several important functions :
- Making sure blood clots normally
- Helping built strong muscles and teeth
- Helping built strong bones
- Lack of calcium can cause Osteoporosis or Osteomalacia
Sources of Calcium :
- Milk cheese and other dairy foods
- Green vegetables like broccoli,okra and cabbage
- Any thing made with fortified flour
- Fish where you eat the bones
How much Calcium our body need?
Adults aged from 19 to 64 need 700mg calcium per day.
We should be able to fulfill our calcium needs daily.
What happens if you take too much calcium ?
Taking high calcium can cause diarrhea and stomach pain and also in some conditions with eating too much calcium supplements can cause calcium kidney stones.
You should be able to get the all the calcium you need daily by eating different foods with balance diet.
Do not take too much calcium supplements , they could be harmful.